Happy Sunday Everyone!
I know I’ve been absent in my post for quite a little bit now, besides the #JoyHopeLive link ups. Things have been a little hectic around my house for the past month.
Nadia has been put on bed rest until she sees the cardiologist in about 12 days, not to mention, mornings are really bad for her. It is a beautiful fall day today and while we can’t attend church we can still worship him at home by doing something special to give God thanks. Which we will do later in the day when Nad is feeling up to it.
So since I finally have a day to spend at home, I will catch up on some cleaning and make pancakes…..from scratch. It is really quite easy and the reason I started making them this way was because I wanted to know what was in them…..what I was eating.
Here is my recipe:
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 3/4 c milk
- 1 t salt
- 2 T baking powder
- 3 T sugar
- 2 cups flour ( I used bread flour which is yummy, next time I will use whole wheat)
- Combine wet ingredients together first and lightly mix.
- Add dry ingredients saving flour for last and lightly mix.
- Now mix in flour and stir til all the flour is mixed in well with no dry pockets.
- Use 1/4 c measuring cup to dip & pour onto a griddle (I use cast iron) and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
The first pancake never turns out because of the pan heating up. So it ends up being a thin pathetic thing. This one I give to Griffin in his dog dish. He doesn’t think it pathetic, just yummy!
And, of course, no pancake would be complete without Mrs. Butter-worth’s syrup!