When Nadia was in the hospital this past July they had a really good salmon fillet with caper lemon sauce and fried rice. Now I know we always hear how terrible hospital food is but this dish was really good.
We really like the PF Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice in the frozen section of the grocery store but at $5.00 a serving it can get pretty expensive. So I figured I would try making my own. And it really is pretty simple to make and you can put anything you want in it.
Check out my recipe below!
- 1 c rice
- 2 T oil
- 1/4 c onion or shallots, chopped
- 1/3 c carrots, chopped
- 1/3 c mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 c peas, frozen
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to directions on packaging.
- Add oil to pan and heat on medium
- Add carrots, onions/shallots, mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently
- After 2 minutes add peas and garlic, cook for 1 more minute
- Add soy sauce and rice and fry for about 3 - 5 minutes stirring frequently
- Salt & pepper to taste.............done!
I’m always looking for new ideas. What do you put in your fried rice?